So for those of you who knows me really well....you know that I have never hunted and didn't grow up with family that even did. Well Sterling is a big bow hunter. He looks forward to it every year and has been talking about it since we started dating. He invited me to go with him and since I am up for any adventure I thought it would be fun. We loaded up his camper and headed down to Monticello. Since that is where he grew up, he and his family all hunts in the mountains just outside of town. Ster gets up at about 4am and hikes an hr up the mountain to his treestand where he sits and waits for the deer til around 8 or 9am. Then he comes back to the trailer, naps and hangs out all day. The plan was for me to hike with him and sit in his treestand with him but he decided that he didnt think that was the best idea and wasnt enough room for both of us. Which to be honest, I was willing to do it but each morning when he left I was okay with it! Ha! But I rode the 4 wheeler up the mountain to the top and would scope out all the deer and we would text back and forth talking about what we could see. Even though I wasn't right there, I felt like a little part of his hunting. We had a lot of fun hanging out and camping. Spent some good time with his grandparents in town too. They are such nice people.
I ended up coming home after the weekend and Ster stayed for the rest of the week. He ended up finally getting his deer on Thursday. He shot a big 24" 4x4 buck. It is the biggest he has killed before and he was really excited about it! I am just wondering what in the world we are going to do with all this deer meat! He already has over another deer in his freezer! LOL. Venison anyone?
Overall it was a fun trip. I was happy to get to experience and see what his hunting trips are all about. Glad he wanted me to go with him. I spent the rest of the week babysitting my birthmom's kids while she was away at education week at BYU. It was a lot of fun spending that much time with them. They are such good kids and I love having them in my life. It has been long week though and I am glad to be back in my bed at my place! Enjoy the pics of my trip!
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Camping and Hunting trip!
Posted by SPECIAL K at 12:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment