I was reading a friends blog and she had a link to an article on dating...which was pretty good. It said something that I really liked and through my experiences have learned, is so true. "Dating is like driving. If you slow down when you see a yellow light, you won't have to slam on the brakes." Isnt that good?! Dating is definately interesting and it seems to become even more interesting the older I get. I have enjoyed dating and just having fun, but things are different for me now. I am ready to settle down and not just date to have fun but be serious and start a family. Its amazing that even though Im only 25 I somehow feel like Im old...and its because of the mentality of Utah...most my friends are married and have 1-2 kids. (Not that there is anything wrong w that you guys.) It just bugs me that because Im not married yet people act like I have to either be divorced or have something wrong w me. People really dont understand that its hard to date when you're older and they cant understand unless they experience it. Its interesting how different life is for everyone...it seems like love is so easy and just happens for some people and for others, you have to work at it and search harder for it. I am grateful for the time Ive had being single...I am continuing to learn more about myself and what I want. I just wish that I could find a guy that knows what he wants. It seems like so many guys that wait til they are older to get married, just dont know what they want. I get tired of the same scenario...we "hangout" all the time and spend tons of time together, but then they dont really actually date you and then by the time they come back around and decide you have moved on...they want what they cant have. Ive had several guys come back around after I was dating someone else and its like...sorry I was there for you for a long time and it didnt seem to matter then! All I know is that Im glad to be confident in the fact that Im a cute girl w a fun personality and a big heart. I am a freakin sweet catch of a girl!!! :) I just want someone to see me for who I am, let me love them, and love me back in return. It seems that I jump into things too fast and put my whole heart in...I am learning that I need to slow down and not rush things. That way...just like in the quote...I dont have to slam on the brakes and my heart hopefully wont get crushed as bad. But I have learned that heartache just comes w dating. So I keep on keepin on!
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment