So along w meeting my birthmom, I have also been able to meet my birthdad's family. Unlike my birthmom's kids, my birthdad's kids have always known about me and have really been wanting to meet me. It was pretty crazy that we connected on facebook. But his oldest is just 3 years younger than me. Jocelyn is married and has 2 kids. We talked online for an hour and then on the phone for another hour. Then she invited me to fly to Oregon for a family party. So as crazy as it was...I flew up there for 5 days and got to meet everyone. It was a pretty overwhelming weekend cause I met seriously like 5o people, from my 5 birth siblings to uncles, grandparents and family friends who all knew about me. It was a trip! But it was fun at the same time. I really connected w Jocelyn and we have kept in touch quite a bit since. I was glad that I was able to help some of them w feeling like they could connect w their dad by meeting me. But they were all really sad he never got to meet me cause I guess he wanted to really badly.
Anyways, there is obviously a lot more to this whole story, but uh it would take forever to put all the details on here. The whole thing was pretty overwhelming and emotional to go through, but it has all been a good experience that I am grateful to have been able to experience. I am grateful to have these great people in my life now, but I am also very grateful for the famly who raised me. Its just crazy to me how life works out. I have definitely been able to see the evidence of the Lord's hand in my life through this all. Things happened the way they were meant to be and I honestly feel that I was led to meet them at this time in my life. It has been an experience that I needed more than I ever realized. This is part of the reason life has been so much better for me over the last several months. I am defintely a blessed girl.




0 comments:
Post a Comment