Friday, September 19, 2008

Life is a crazy adventure!

See any similarities here? I have unfolded a huge part of my life over the past 7 months. I havent written anything about it on here for a few reasons that mainly have to do w the privacy of the situation. But it is now out in the open enough that I can share it on here.
As most of you know, I was adopted when I was a baby. Well I decided to start looking for my birthmom back in November of last year and I was able to find her in February of this year. She actually lives pretty close to me. So I ended up actually meeting her in May. We met for the first time at her house. We sat and talked and shared pictures of our lives for 4 hours. She told me the whole story of her and my birthdad. It was unbelievable to meet someone that I look so much like! It was fun to sit and talk w her about where I come from. Both my birth parents are married to other people and each have 5 kids. Unfortunately my birthdad died back in October of last year of a sudden heart attack. The whole story of them both is kinda crazy. My birthdad seemed like he was a man w a good heart, family man but he just seemed to always have his hand involved in something he shouldnt have. He and his wife got divorced 4 years ago and he was actually waiting to go to prison for 5 years when he passed away. (Believe me the story is crazy!)
The day after I met my birthmom, my parents were in town so she came to dinner w us so they could meet. It was really interesting to be with my parents and her at the same time. But it was pretty cool for them to finally be able to meet too. It was a good dinner and my parents have taken everything really well. They are just super supportive and think its neat for me to be able to connect w her.

Me with both of my moms!
My birthmom with me and my parents

Since we met, we have kept in touch w phone calls, emails and we have gotten together for lunches and shopping. Her husband has always known about me but her 5 kids dont. So I havent really been able to meet them, but I am hoping that they are getting close to letting me meet them. I finally met her husband a few weeks ago. He has had a hard time w the whole thing, which is understandable. But we got together for breakfast and it was a lot of fun. He was really nice and talkative. I think it was weird for him to see how much I look like her. He even commented on how much we act similar too. He says I remind him of her when they first met. Ha so crazy!
Me with my birthmom and her husband

4 comments:

Billy and Nikki said...

KRISTY! that is so amazing! wow you guys look so much alike! I'm so happy for you, Billy has kind of the same story, he met his dad when he was 19 and they look so much alike. He said it was an amazing moment to meet his dad. I can't imagine how you felt!

Noel Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Noel Family said...

I still can't believe how much you look like your birth mom! I'm glad everything went well with meeting her husband. You'll have to let me know when you meet their kids.

Ty and Janene said...

Nice to hang out again hope you had fun at the rodeo. I will talk with ya soon and ya it is a cool story I am sure to put some ease to your life.