Sunday, July 6, 2008

I MISS ST GEORGE!

Kolob Canyon..taken on our hike...the camera doesnt do it justice! Much prettier in person! The red rock is amazing!
Since I am still just sitting around waiting to be able to take my test...(which is really getting annoying)...I decided that this was a good time to head down to St George and visit a bunch of friends and just hang out. So I headed down on Monday. I first stopped in Cedar City and spent time w one of my good friends Janene. She just had her 3rd baby about a month ago and I hadnt seen her yet. She is so cute. I spent a bunch of time just hangin w Janene and her kids. Her kids have a ton of energy and definitely keep her busy...sometimes I don't know how she does it! It was really nice to be able to spend time w them!
I also got to spend a bunch of time w my good friend Tiffany and her husband. We had lots of good talks and I was able to talk them into going boating for the 4th of July! It was so much fun! I absolutely LOVE boating and have been feeling deprived cause I havent been out once this year! So thanks to them, we had a great time on the lake all day for the 4th! I must say though, I am still feeling the soreness in my arms from my death grip on the tube! So fun!
Tiff and I basking in the sun on the boat! We actually both got fried!
Tiff hangin on for her life....her husband Burton was driving!
Burton and his buddy Joe...Tiff was trying to give them some pay back!

While I was down there I also ended up going on a hike w Adam...a guy I used to date. We were going to go to one I did last year but when we got there, there was a gate up that was locked! I was so mad, cuz it was such a fun hike, w waterfalls and everything. Which make for a perfect hike in the blazing heat down there. So we settled for one of the hikes in the Kolob canyon fingers. It was still really pretty and we had a good time. But man, it sure did make me realize how out of shape I am! All that uphill climbing was totally felt in my thighs!

I also was able to spend some time w Marc. He had actually come up the weekend before I left cause his Grandpa was dying. So he hung out at my house all night w me. It was lots of fun....we played cards and played rockband for like 3 hours! Then when I was down in St George we went swimming in his pool. If some of you remember me helping he and his roommate remodel their new house....well it looks amazing now! They have put so much work into it! They have finished the inside and have been working on the yard. They got the pool and hottub up and running....which is so nice! I kept telling them it wasnt fair that they waited til I was gone to get their own pool! Then we just played pingpong and I took Marc out for a late birthday dinner. It was really fun and good to be around him. He is actually doing really good and seems so much happier....prob the best I have ever seen him. So we had some good talks. It was a bummer though, his grandpa passed away and so he ended up having to head back up north for the funeral on the 4th. Otherwise he would have been out boating w us. I am glad that we are still able to remain good friends. He is a good guy.

Well being down there really made me miss it and realize again how much I love it down there. So now I have it as one of my options I'm looking into for my big move again. I am going to get some interviews set up in the Phoenix and St George area and just put my feelers out so I can figure out where I need to be. All in all....my week down there was a lot of fun! Thanks to my great friends and all their hospitality! I will be back! ;)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you came down & we got to catch up!!! We loved having you too!!! Thanks so much for the pics...and yeah, they're all on my blog too!!! Ha ha Love ya girl...come down again soon so this time we get brown instead of red!!!