Sunday, November 4, 2007

Unanswered Prayers

Most people I'm close w know that I have had some certain struggles for the last little while. Mostly just frustrated w the way my life was going and not understanding why things weren't happening the way I wanted them to. While listening to some good ol' country tunes with a friend one night, I came across a song that really hit me for the first time. Those of you who like country probably know it....

"Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers, Remember when you're talking to the man upstairs, That just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he don't care. Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers. " Lyrics by Garth Brooks

Hearing the song and especially the lyrics of the chorus made me think about all the nights I had pleaded w the Lord to please let certain things happen and then crying myself to sleep over why it couldn't be how I wanted it to be. But I realize that there must be a reason things haven't worked out exactly how I want them to. It really reminded me that its not always what I want or when I want things in life that are best for me. I truly do believe that he has a plan for my life and its obviously a bit different than the one I would like to choose some days, but in the end I know its the plan that is best for me and will bring me the most happiness in the end. Just imagine if he gave us everything we ask for...so I am grateful for unanswered prayers!

0 comments: