I honestly cant believe that its already into the 2nd week of Oct. Honestly where did the year go? I survived my first week at my new place in Salt Lake. Its been good to see and catch up w some friends I haven't seen forever. Both my roommates ditched me for our first full weekend in our new place, so I had to figure out my own things to keep me busy. I did however end up going on 2 dates this weekend, which were both fun....but don't get too excited.
I will say that it is FREEZING up here! I hung out at my friend Dana's, eating and watching conference while laying in bed, all day yesterday. It was so fun just to hang w her like the days of being roomies...I miss her as a roommate! But we sat and watched outside as it rained and eventually snowed, ALL day! It was freezing! My poor little body is so used to the blazing heat of St George that Im not sure how Im going to survive this winter. Im SO NOT looking forward to more snow and freezing temps.
It was also a birthday weekend! Happy Birthday to my mom, yesterday, the 6th! She is the big 60 now! Its so weird to think she is that old....that just sounds older to me and I still dont think of her as being that old. I'm grateful for my mom and all her uniqueness! Today, the 7th, is my BFF Jared's Birthday! He is the big 26! He came down and around for his birthday, so I was happy to see him. I went down and hung out with him and his family for half the day. It was so good to see him again. I miss having him around more. Happy Birthday Jared!
Conference weekend was good too! I have to admit, I didnt get to see all the sessions, so I will have to be catching up on those. Its exciting that Elder Erying is in the new presidency. I have always really enjoyed his talks. I love all the inspiration and motivation to be a better person and better align my life w the Lord, that conference brings. Its great to always feel like things have been said just for you and what you are needing. The Lord definitely speaks to us all in many ways. And isnt it amazing that he can speak to all of us at the same time, w the same words, but it means so many different things to each of us.
So my time of relaxing and getting settle comes to an end tomorrow. I dive into school on Tuesday! I am really excited! A bit nervous, just cause its a new adventure in my life and I havent been in school for awhile. But I know it will be a good thing for me, and Im excited to get started and learn! These hands are going to be works of art in no time! Haha! Wish me luck! And for those of you I havent seen yet or havent talked to lately, better talk to ya soon!
Sunday, October 7, 2007
October....already?
Posted by SPECIAL K at 11:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment