This 4th was a bit monumental for me. The Wilson side of my family had a reunion up in Bear Lake, which is just like an hr north of Logan where my grandparents live. This year was different for 2 reasons....1) I invited my birth mom Sharlene and her family and 2) I took Sterling with me. Which I have never taken a guy I'm dating around my extended family before. It was fun to mesh both my family and my new family together. Everyone of course commented on how similar Sharlene and I are. It was great that is just seemed normal to have them all together. We all had a great time playing on jet skis and in the water. My mom Bonnie, even got on a jet ski...which is a definite first and amazing! I'm so proud of her! We didn't think she would actually do it! But I have the photos to prove it happened! After we spent the day at the lake we went back to my grandparents house and had a BBQ and watched the Logan fireworks. Sterling did great with my family. I was really impressed with how he handled them and fit in with them. It was nice to feel like I could leave the room and not have to worry about him being comfortable. Definitely a plus! So things are going well with him and moving in the right direction.
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Looks like a fun trip. I am glad to hear you are happy and having fun! Can you believe it has been five years. I sure can't!
Post a Comment