Can you believe that Christmas has already come and gone once again?! I have been at home in Redmond WA for the past week and man was it nice to go home. As soon as I got off the plane and could smell the familiar aroma of coffee, from the oh so near by Starbucks, (since there are coffee shops seriously everywhere you turn in Seattle), and the smell of the rain, I realized how much I miss Seattle! I really dont go home to visit enough these days. I just get so caught up in my life that I forget about going home. What's weird is that I have lived away from home so long now that it doesn't feel as much like home anymore. I mean it will always have a special place in my heart and I have so many memories there, but it does all seem like its my past. Especially cause things have changed so much there since I graduated High School and moved away. The whole entire area has grown and changed SO much, I swear everywhere I drive I think to myself..."What the?....How long has that building been there? or When did that road get widened? or How long has that entire development of homes been there?" Then I go to my church and only recognize like half of the people there. Which is weird cause I grew up going to church w so many of the same people that I have known my whole life. Now I'm just known as Clyde and Bonnie's daughter, who I'm sure they wonder is a real person, since they just hear about me.
Anyways, I spent most of my time hangin out w the fam, my neighbors (who are like family) and some old friends. We did the usual shopping, movie watching, and lots of eating! It was good to see everyone that I have missed! I actually was able to get together w a couple of the girls from High School. Kelsie, Hannah and I drove downtown to Anne's apartment for a brunch. It was so fun to be together again! I hadnt seen or talked to Anne in 4 years! We really do need to keep in touch better w that girl!
Kelsie, Anne, and Hannah
Me, Anne, and Hannah
Christmas was enjoyable w the family. We exchanged some nice gifts but mostly just enjoyed spending time together. I hope that everyone else was able to do the same.
Sunday, December 30, 2007
Home Sweet Home
Posted by SPECIAL K at 1:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment